Friday, September 14, 2012

Artist Statement

I can tell you who she is, I can tell you what makes her into unique but to define would be unfair and almost impossible. 
Shantel, 19 years of age and a student is what makes her who she is. 
A young naturalist with a defiance for the acceptance is what makes her unique. 
A zest for culture and black excellence is what keeps her striving for success.
Most importantly waking up everyday is what keeps her humble and reminds her that she is blessed. 

An empty canvas is how I would describe me. 
A sketch present, but no drawing and most importantly no paint.
You see I have so many ideas for my future and so many paths but like the days change so does life.
So many visions for life, so little time. 
So for now I'm here in Media 160, taking it day by day.
Developing, learning, watching and experimenting.
Every skill I learn and develop will bring me one step closer to painting my canvas.
I believe everything I am going to learn, will with out a doubt help me develop this masterpiece i have carefully depicted in my mind.
Nothing learned by the mind is useless but just another stroke with your pencil on your canvas. 

You see I have visions, visions that I need to be captured and it seems like nobody can ever do it better than how you can.
So I will learn first-hand. 
I will make this my craft.
I will be dedicated to producing the best work I can.
Although, I am a beginning artist, I will be a great artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment